Sunday, September 27, 2009

Inside the Storm

I cannot believe it has been 20 days since I posted a new entry for this blog! I must say that I have been so busy I feel I've been in a whirl wind. Since posting I have spoken at two ladies retreats (Minneapolis, MN and Dawsonville, GA) and a Wednesday night service at a church (Riverdale, GA). Besides that I have been a long-term substitute teacher HS band director as well as continued house duties for the family and kept the Legacy Equipping Center going. Phew! Praise God a new band director has been hired, so I can get my life back!

During that time, God gave me a revelation about storms. I had never thought this before, but I felt that God was saying that He wants us in a storm. What?! Actually what I mean is that He wants us to be moved in the middle of the storm where there is peace in the storm's eye. What He doesn't want is the storm inside us!

Jesus said that in this world we WILL have tribulations but to be of good cheer, because He has overcome the world. He also said that He has a peace to give us that the world cannot offer. Basically, what He is saying in those two statements is that we will have storms in life, but we can move into the center of the storm and have peace while the winds are hurling around us. We can also allow Him to speak to the storms inside us and say, "Peace, Be Still!" This kind of security only comes through Christ. I know you can have that in Christ, because I do! Experiencial truth! You can have it, too! Thank God, there is enough to go around to all the multitudes of people who will accept it! I pray you will experience His peace in the midst of your storms today!

No comments:

Post a Comment