Friday, April 9, 2010

You're Getting Sticky!

I recently called a great friend to ask her to pray for a fellow pal who was going through tremendous trials. She said to me, "You're getting sticky!"

Thinking I had a bad phone connection, I replied,"You mean my phone connection is bad?"

"No," she said, "YOU are getting sticky! You're taking it on! Remember the 4 L's, Tammy."

"What are the 4 L's? Please tell me!"

"Love them. Listen to them. Lift them up. And LEAVE them to the Lord!"

Oh, Yes! She then began to pray the most refreshing prayer over me, and it was as if I could literally feel God lift the burden off me and begin to anoint my spirit with the oil of the Holy Spirit.

My prayer is that I remember to take time every morning to spend time with God for Him to apply that oil to my spirit so that I won't be sticky when people come to me to share their burdens. My desire is to do what Isaiah 61:1-3 says:
"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to [those who are] bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn,To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

The only way that people are really going to be set free from the brokenness they come to me with is if I am so "oily" with God's anointing so they are not dependant on me. Believe me, I have seen time and time again that I am so not capable of setting anyone free! I can only take them to the ONE who has proven time and time again that He not only can but He will, and that is God! And what a privilege it is to take them!

So, are you one who needs to be set free? Are you ready to be released? Are you ready for God to reach down to that part of your heart that has been crushed and seemingly forgotten about and for Him to pour in that long awaited love? Just take a moment; close your eyes; take a deep breath of His love and let Him know you're ready! See what happens in the next moments; the next hours; the next days; the next weeks.

Are you the one who is getting sticky? Do you need to remember the 4 L's as you try to take others to the throne room? Let's do it! Memorize the 4 L's with me and ask God to do it through you.
Love Them
Listen To Them
Lift Them to the Lord
Leave Them with God! He is FULLY capable of taking care of them Himself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment