Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Resurrection Day!!

"Jesus said unto her, 'I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.' " John 11:25

This was the verse that God laid on my grandmother's heart August 4, 1955, the day my grandfather met his maker just two weeks after he made Jesus the Lord of his life. That morning, my Grandmother Barron was scheduled to speak for a women's meeting at a church. While she was in route to the meeting, she couldn't get John 11:25 off her mind, so instead of delivering the message she had prepared, she talked to the women about Jesus being the resurection and the life. Little did she know that my grandfather's flight had a fire in the engine and crashed at the same time she was with the ladies.

While Grandpa was going down, he recited the Lord's prayer over the radio to the control tower. Though I do not understand why his time to go was that day before I ever came into the world to meet him, I am so grateful to know he surrendered his life to Christ and that one day I will meet him in Heaven--all because of Jesus' death and resurrection on the third day that we celebrate today!

Only God knows the length of our days on this earth. On that same flight was supposed to be one of the superintendents of the Assemblies of God. He was told right before take off that he had a phone call and if he were to take it he would miss the flight. He chose to take it. God was ready for my grandfather to come home, but he had more for this minister to do on earth. Either way, it was all because of Christ's resurrection!

Praise God for a lifestyle of Christian living that reminds us that we have hope because of that day over 2,000 years ago when our Lord and Savior conquered death, hell and the grave! That's a whole lot better than bunnies, candy and eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment