Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day...What a Blessing!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there! Whether I am thinking about my own precious mother or my children, I smile with gratitude on this day! I am also blessed to have my 92 year old grandmother on my mom's side still around. In fact, today I get the privilege of cooking a meal for my mom and grandma. Grandma loves God with all her heart. She has passed that passion down to my mother, who in turn has passed it to my generation. I thank God for the awesome privilege of now passing that insatiable desire for God down to my daughters. (On a side note, I just looked up the word, "insatiable"...that's not the word I'm looking for, because it means "not satiable; incapable of being satisfied or appeased: insatiable hunger for knowledge". Hmmm....with God we DO get completely satisfied, yet we always want more! There is always more for us, and we never get a hang over! Any suggestions for a word I can use!)

This is a day I always count my blessings. I am one of those women who knows what it is to desperately desire a child. Bill and I walked through a season of infertility for four years. Our first child was born 8 years after we got married. Looking back, I wouldn't trade it. God taught me SO MUCH during that time. I learned how to wait on a birthing! That has carried over into ministry as well. Amy and Amber are such jewels! What a blessing they have been and continue to be to Bill and me! I will never take them for granted. Just remember, we can plan our life all we want, but God knows what's best! Proverbs 16:9 says, "A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps."

No comments:

Post a Comment