I haven't entered a new blog for weeks, because I didn't understand why all my posts did not have paragraph breaks like I typed them. I didn't want to post another blog without paragraph breaks. I finally found out how to fix it! You can tell I'm new to all this!
What I want to use this blog for is to share what is stirring in my heart from time to time and get feedback from others. What I've been mulling over in my spirit for a few weeks now is the following progression:
1. believing God leads to
2. abiding in His Word which leads to
3. obeying Him which finally leads
4. entering into His rest
I got this early one morning while reading the book of John and jumping over to Hebrews in the Bible. Here are some scriptures for each step:
1. believing God - In John 5:38, Jesus told the people that they did not have the Father's word abiding in them, because they did not believe Jesus, whom the Father sent.
2. abiding in His Word - In John 15:5, Jesus tells us that whoever abides in Him bears much fruit. Remember that Jesus is the Word in flesh just as the Bible is the written Word, so when we abide in the Word and study the Bible, it leads to us want to obey Him and thus allow Him to produce fruit in us.
3. obeying Him - Hebrews 3:18-19 says, "And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief."
4. entering into His rest - Hebrews 4:3 says, "For we who have believed do enter that rest..." You may ask, "What does it mean to enter into His rest?" Well, ultimately it means being with Him eternally in Heaven where there is no sin, sickness, darkness, etc. However, it doesn't just mean that. It also means to enter into that place of abundance here on earth. This includes "peace that passes understanding" and "joy unspeakable and full of glory!" It also means to enter into the place where God has called you to do what He has called you to do. Nothing can bring more satisfaction than finding God to fill the void in your life and then experiencing that abundant life and living out the destiny He has planned for you!
I also got that the roadblock that keeps this from happening in our lives is when we look to people for approval instead of looking to God. In John 5:44, Jesus said, "How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?" How often do we do that? This caused me to stop and do an evaluation on myself.
On the other hand, the catalyst to help us get there is being still and waiting on God. The more alone time we spend with God in prayer, Bible study, praise/worship and just meditating on Him and being with Him, the more we will desire to believe Him, abide in His word, obey Him and enter into His rest. He then starts showing us how we can still be aware of His presence everywhere we go! This also caused me to stop and do an evaluation. At times when I'm frustrated with the busyness of life, I need to pause, step back and thank God for His presence with me! That so helps! I call it a perspective check.
I challenge you to do as the Bible says in Psalms after some of the verses: Selah. I understand that this means, "Pause and think about that!"
Be Blessed Indeed!