Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Lord Directs Your Steps!

I have had such a full week full of God appointments! My daughter, Amy, made it to the nationals in our church's Fine Arts Festival for youth. We went to Charlotte, NC (along with thousands of teens from AG churches all over the nation) for her to sing with a small ensemble and a large ensemble from our church and play a french horn solo. What an awesome experience for her! She did very well in all three events. She made superior ratings and missed the call back by one point. Great for her first time out.

While in NC, I also had the opportunity to meet with many people from different churches to give them packets about my book and speaking. I call these God appointments, because I did not know I was going to do all that. I had a friend who was also going and knew contacts tell me to take packets, so I made the packets not knowing who they would go to. God knows my heart to go interdenominational. I was able to meet with people from different churches: Assembly of God, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Baptist and Foursquare Gospel.

I came back Friday, and Saturday I had the awesome privilege to attend a writer's workshop at the East Metro Atlanta Christian Writers Group in Covington. Elizabeth Sherrill was the speaker. She is an incredible author and woman of God! She's written over 1500 articles and over 30 books including The Hiding Place, Cross and the Switchblade, God's Smuggler, etc. (Go to www.elizabethsherrill.com for more info on her.) I left with a renewed passion for writing!

As I look back over the week, the verse comes to mind: "A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps." (Prov. 16:9) That is the desire of my heart! I want to keep doing what I feel God has directed me to do, but I always want God to have the final word in case I might miss something He wants me to do! I want to also remember that His plan for me unfolds one step at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Tammy, I enjoyed checking out your blog. Your conference report inspired me. Would love to see a photo of you on your blog, when you get a chance and learn how to insert it.

    ReplyDelete