Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year - Fresh Start!

Can you believe it is already a new year? I'm looking forward to what God has in store for us in 2009! I'm so glad God gives us new beginnings. Now is the time to re-evaluate. How is my relationship with God? with Bill? with the girls? with fellow believers? with others? How do I manage my time? How much time do I waste? Where do you draw the line between relaxing and wasting time? Hmmm....so many questions go through my mind every January.

Here are a few things I'm going to try to follow through on for this year...

1. Give God first fruits of my time.
2. Pray for people as soon as God brings them to my mind.
3. When I win, I'll praise God; When I lose, I'll praise God! (This taken from the movie we watched on New Year's Eve, "Facing the Giants"...I srongly recommend this movie!)
4. Don't jump to conclusions as soon as something happens!
5. Keep hugging my family...one of my favorite things to do!
6. Get in shape. (Read my January column for more thoughts on this one. My article, "A Tasty New Year's Resolution" can be read at www.ithirstnw.net.)
7. Read the Bible through. I listen to the DailyAudioBible podcast, which I recommend: www.dailyaudiobible.com, but this year I also want to read straight through. I recommend www.crosswalk.com. You can register for free and have a daily reading plan with whatever version you choose. You check when you've read the reading assignment, and it keeps track of your progress.
8. Focus!

I could go on, but that's enough!

May God bless you as you re-evaluate at the beginning of another great year! Happy 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment